Monday, February 22, 2010

Final Book Series over the Holocaust


To Suggest:
To suggest hard times that were hated by everyone
To suggest the people who survived
To suggest the organization of the camps
To suggest pain
To suggest time of darkness
To suggest wanting to go back to the way things used to be
To suggest separation from loved ones
To suggest stories that are too horrible to comprehend
To suggest something hopeful
To suggest being bold and strong and fighting

Concept statement:
The chimney smokes, the sky is low, smoke sweeps across the camp weighing upon us overwhelming us with the odor of burning flesh. All i can do is hope. Hope for the next day, hope for the next meal, hope that i don't get caught keeping a secret Journal. My main hope is to survive and someday show my proof and tell the story.


6 comments:

  1. Deep Dressing.


    I loved the process book search light ordeal though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. It's awesome. You are one the best book designer I have ever seen in my whole life. I love you and your book covers more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vector artwork is fabulous. Your approach to your topic is so unique. Most covers of Holocaust books are very focus on death, bodies, and photographs. You were able to show that through your vectors without being too graphic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha ok I forgot about alex's comment wow, funny day. Anyway, great covers! I like that you stayed away from images, it is outside the box :) I like how you approached the theme and conveyed the subject and the mood. I think my favorite is the gate cover, i like the perspective. Wonderful work, I still want you to do the clothes one I still like that idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like these, Krista! They are so simple that it makes me really interested to see what is inside and past the covers...(as cheesey as that sounds!) You did a great job executing the emotions that these certain books bring about to the reader. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah, you got lots of comments on this one! (im jealous!) these are awesome. was this for your design class or the holocaust class? they look really professional!

    ReplyDelete